Having a thermometer in one’s home and first aid box or bag has become a basic necessity of life in today’s world due the current pandemic – СOVID-19. So what we’re talking about today is 10 best thermometer for nurses. Not only is this for nurses but also for anyone looking forward to buying thermometer for personal use at home or for use at work place such as school, shops etc.
In the course of this review, we will also help you to come to full knowledge of what a thermometer is, the various types of thermometer, the accuracy of thermometer and many more. We will start with what a thermometer is.
What Is A Thermometer?
- What Is A Thermometer?
- Types Of Thermometer
- The Best Products: 10 Best Thermometers For Nurses
- 1. Novone Infrared Thermometer
- 2. Victor T9000 Thermometer
- 3. Vigorun Ear and Forehead Thermometer
- 4. Boncare Infrared Thermometer
- 5. Anthsania Professional Thermometer
- 6. Cinlinso Digital Thermometr
- 7. iProven Dt-R1221AWG Medical Thermometer
- 8. Enji Family Digital Thermometer
- 9. Summer Pacifier Thermometer
- 10. Vivian Baby Thermometer
- What To Look Out For When Buying Thermometer
Generally, a thermometer is a device or a tool used for measuring the temperature (the coldness or hotness) of a body. These bodies can be solid, liquid or gas. The act of measuring temperature is very vital in many fields such as scientific research, the manufacturing industry and the healthcare industry.
In the healthcare industry, thermometers are used to read human body temperature; they are used for checking temperature at different parts of the body.
Types Of Thermometer
Thermometer comes in different forms to suit temperature measurement for specific parts of the body. Let’s look at these different types briefly.
This is the first and oldest type of thermometer. It has two main features: Temperature sensor (mercury in a glass) which rises or falls depending on the degree of coldness or hotness of the body; and a visible scale that helps convert the mercury level into a number.
The tip/bulb of mercury thermometer is usually inserted into the armpit for about a minute to 3 for the mercury to rise. It is then removed and temperature reading done.
They are regarded as the best and the most accurate types of thermometer. They look very cute and usually pen-like in structure with a long tip. When it comes to accuracy, digital thermometer is regarded as one of the best.
Tympanic or Ear Thermometer
Tympanic or ear thermometer is designed with infrared probe. It is used for checking temperature by putting the probe in the external ear canal and pressing a button. The readings of this thermometer may be unreliable to some extent due to improper placement of the probe in the external ear canal, and blockage of the canal by wax.
This thermometer is also designed with infrared probe. It is usually gun-shaped with a button. In order to read temperature, the thermometer is held a few centimetres away from the forehead and the trigger button pressed.
This is a thermometer designed purposely for babies older than three months. It is designed with LCD display screen, a power button and a nipple-like structure that contains temperature sensor. The child is required to sit calmly and the nipple-like structure is inserted into its mouth to take the temperature.
The Best Products: 10 Best Thermometers For Nurses
- Novone Infrared Thermometer
- Victor T9000 Thermometer
- Vigorun Ear and Forehead Thermometer
- Boncare Infrared Thermometer
- Anthsania Professional Thermometer
- Cinlinso Digital Thermometr
- iProven Dt-R1221AWG Medical Thermometer
- Enji Family Digital Thermometer
- Summer Pacifier Thermometer
- Vivian Baby Thermometer
It is time to look at the best products, to look at reviews of the top options for different needs and budgets. This is to help you choose the type of thermometer that suits your need.
NOTE: We have divided our review into the various types of thermometer discussed above. The first 5 on our list below represent the best ear and forehead infrared thermometers. Number 6 to 8 represent the best digital thermometers, and 9 to 10 represent pacifier thermometers.
1. Novone Infrared Thermometer
The number on our list is Novone Thermometer. This is an infrared non-contact ear and forehead thermometer for accurate instant temperature reading for adults and kids. It comes with light to make the inner ear more visible for kids and adults. It also has backlight and memory recall. The truth this thermometer has every qualities a thermometer needs to have. Not only that, the price is also very cool – which is why it’s the number on our list.
- Switchable ℃/℉ and easy to read
- Fever Indicator alert
- Off and On button
- Forehead mode lid cover
- Probe and probe lens for ear temperature checking
- Multifunctional: Ear and forehead temperature readings, room, milk, water and object
- 2 AAA batteries
- Product is cheap
- Very modern medicine and attractive
- Looks a bit bulky
Can you imagine why this thermometer is our number one infrared thermometer? It’s because it’s almost without a downside, it has all the qualities to look at for when buying thermometer. The price is also very moderate. It has a lot of 5 stars reviews on Amazon.
So if you are looking for a multifunctional infrared thermometer as a nurse to use at home, workplace or in your first aid box, then Novone Ear and Forehead Infrared Thermometer is our first and best recommendation for you.
2. Victor T9000 Thermometer
Victor T9000 is a touchless infrared forehead as well as wrist thermometer designed with fever alert alarm. This thermometer have a LCD display screen which is suitable for instant checking of temperature for adults and children all ages. It has a switchable mode that helps in checking for object such as room and food. It’s fit for homes, workplaces and schools.
- Has a 3- colour LCD backlit display
- Can store up to 32 GB temperature readings
- Has 2 different Switchable mode for human and object
- 2 AAA batteries for operation
- Very modern
- Fast and accurate body temperature reader
- Expensive but worth the price
Are you looking for a touchless infrared gun-shaped thermometer for fast and accurate temperature reading? If so, go for Victor T9000 Thermometer.
3. Vigorun Ear and Forehead Thermometer
Vigorun thermometer is an infrared multifunctional ear and forehead thermometer that is designed with Fear alert alarm Including memory to store temperature readings. It’s meant for adults, kids and babies.
- Celsius and Fahrenheit readings
- Fever detector
- Upto 35 temperature reading storage
- Support ear and forehead temperature reading
- Very modern and portable
- Made from low quality material
If you are looking for a multifunctional thermometer for both ear and forehead temperature reading, then may be the right choice for you.
4. Boncare Infrared Thermometer
Boncare Infrared Thermometer is a very simple forehead and ear thermometer designed with magnetic cover probe for adults and kids. The magnetic cover probe can be removed for inner ear temperature measurement.
- Thermometers require 2 AAA Batteries (included)
- Fever alarm indication
- Magnetic cover
- Recall memory
- Very cheap
- Not bulky
- Very portable
- Best for kids
- Doesn’t have backlight
Do you need a well-designed infrared thermometer for accurate temperature reading for adult and kids of any age and for objects? Then, grab this now!
5. Anthsania Professional Thermometer
Anthsania Forehead Thermometer is a digital, non-contact infrared forehead thermometer for instant accurate temperature reading for adults and kids, in both °F and °C. It comes with fever alarm and it’s best for nurses and families.
- Have reading trigger button
- Celsius and Fahrenheit Switchable button
- Has fever alert alarm including backlight alarm
- Memory: can store up to 99 readings
- Fast and accurate reading
- Very durable
- Made with high quality materials
- Looks bulky
This is one of the best infrared non-contact forehead thermometers with 5 star reviews on Amazon. It’s made from high quality materials and very durable. It gives instant accurate temperature reading with fever alert indicator. Nurses and nursing mothers love it. We recommend it to you too.
6. Cinlinso Digital Thermometr
Cinlinso Digital Body Thermometer is a professional digital thermometer designed with LCD display screen for fast and accurate reading of oral, rectal and armpit temperature. It has a soft bendable head with backlight and gives alert after taking temperature readings.
- Backlight indicator light
- Intimate soft bendable head design
- Replaceable battery
- 8 seconds fast reading
- Can switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit readings
- Gives beep sound after reading temperature
- Easy to read digital LCD
- Fast oral, underarm and rectal temperature measurement
- Very modern
- Very quality
- May give inaccurate results when battery starts running low, so change battery regularly
Are you looking for a professional digital thermometer that can give you accurate temperature readings in 8 seconds, and can be used to measure the temperature of the mouth, rectum and armpit? Are you looking for a thermometer which is safer than the traditional mercury thermometer? If so, grab this one now!
7. iProven Dt-R1221AWG Medical Thermometer
Proven Dt-R1221AWG Medical Thermometer is another digital thermometer that has been extensively tested and proven for accurate oral and rectal temperature measurements. This thermometer is designed with fever indicator and waterproof tip that stands easy cleaning of the device.
- Designed with inbuilt system for oral and rectal temperature measurement
- Soft flexible tip
- For kids and adults
- LCD display screen
- Very portable
- Has a hard case
- Fahrenheit reading not clearly or visible enough
We recommend this thermometer because it’s a reliable old-fashioned oral and rectal thermometer that uses updated digital technology for accurate temperature reading.
8. Enji Family Digital Thermometer
Enji Prime Thermometer is another digital thermometer that has made its way to the digital thermometer list. It’s 3 in 1: for rectal, oral and axillary temperature for both adults and children. It also has fever detector and Celsius and Fahrenheit readings. This thermometer has a probe, an LCD display including off and on button. It is suitable for hospital, home and family use.
- Off and on button
- 3 in one: oral, rectal and axillary temperature
- Dual temperature reading
- The product is very cheap
- Designed with quality materials
- May give false reading when battery is weak
Enji Family Digital Thermometer provides an accurate and fast reading of your child’s temperature in 10 seconds? Enji Prime thermometer has got your back.
9. Summer Pacifier Thermometer
Summer pacifier thermometer is designed specifically for checking babies’ temperature. It’s well designed to provide soothing comfort to your baby while taking his or her temperature. The Pacifier Thermometer also comes with Fever signal feature that helps parents to check baby’s temperature at night without waking up the baby.
- Fever Alert feature that indicates fever
- Automatic power-off system that saves battery life
- Well-designed comfortable a soft nipple
- Make a beep alert when it finishes recording temperature
- Provides readings in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Looks attractive and modern
- Delays when reading temperature Too small in size according to most mothers Battery not replaceable
If you need a pacifier thermometer that provides soothing comfort to your baby while taking his or her temperature, then Summer Pacifier Thermometer designed with Fever Alert indicator feature is the best to go for. It helps you to check your baby’s temperature at night without waking him or her up.
10. Vivian Baby Thermometer
Vivian Baby Thermometer is the second baby pacifier thermometer on our list. It’s designed with nipple containing temperature sensor. It also has a digital LCD screen suitable for displaying temperature reading. It comes in different colours.
- Well-designed nipple to comforts your baby
- Auto shut-off functions
- LCD screen for digital display reading
- Very easy to use
- Very cheap
- Takes longer time, 3minutes to finish recording temperature
Do you want to keep your baby calm and comfortable while reading his or her temperature? Look no further than Vivian Baby Thermometer.
Up there is the list of 10 best thermometers for nurses – again, not only for nurses but also for nursing mothers, families and workplaces. So pick the one that is suitable for you.
What To Look Out For When Buying Thermometer
Before you remove your credit card from your wallet or pocket to buy a thermometer, here are what you are to look out for.
The speed and accuracy of the thermometer; it is the first thing to have in mind when buying a thermometer. Whether you are a nurse, a nursing mother or none of the two and want to buy a thermometer, keep this point in mind, else, you will waste your money. We are happy to tell you that all our recommendations here do a perfect job when it comes to accuracy.
Also look out for a thermometer with backlight and Fahrenheit and Celsius readings. If you want to use the thermometer for babies, ensure that the one you are buying is baby-friendly. This is also a factor to consider when buying a thermometer. Also ensure the thermometer you are buying has a display screen light for easy reading of temperature, especially at night.
If you want an accurate, instant, durable easy to use non-contact infrared forehead thermometer to use as a nurse or at home for yourself and family, go for the one on our list: Novone Ear and Forehead Thermometer or Anthsania Professional Thermometer. If you want a trusted, accurate instant digital thermometer for fast temperature reading, go for either Cinlinso Digital thermometer or Neij Family Digital Thermometer. For baby’s comfort whiles checking temperature, grab Summer Pacifier Thermometer. The precision and consistency of these recommended thermometers make them the best thermometers on the market today.
We have done our part, it’s now up to you. If the thermometers listed in our concluding words are not fine to you, consider the rest on our list. They remain the best thermometers for nurses, nursing mothers and families of all time.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave them in the comment section below.